- Co-chair for the doctoral program of CP 2019, the main conference on constraint programming.
- Organising committee member for PATAT 2018, the leading conference for automated timetabling.
- I serve as a program committee member for leading conferences in artificial intelligence, timetabling, and multi-agent systems. My task is to review novel research papers and discuss with other members to determine whether the papers are suitable for acceptance and presentation at these prestigious scientific events: IJCAI’19, AAAI’19, AAMAS’19, PATAT’18, PRIMA’18, MIWAI’18.
- Internal grant for international collaboration 2018 with Prof. James Bailey at the University of Melbourne (1,500 AUD).
- Internal grant for international collaboration 2017 with Prof. Peter Stuckey at the University of Melbourne (3,000 AUD).
- Travel grant from IJCAI 2017 to attend the conference (1,000 USD).
- Assisted Dr Nicolas Schwind in writing NII Collaborative Grant 2017 (1,000,000 Japanese Yen).
- Two grants from CP 2016 and 2017 to attend the conferences (registration and accommodation fees covered).
Research Visits, Outgoing
- Visiting Vienna University of Technology (TU Wien), Dec’18-Jan’19
- Invited for a five-week visit by Dr Nicolas Schwind, Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology in Tokyo, Apr-May’18
- Invited for a two-week visit by Dr Nicolas Schwind, Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology in Tokyo, Oct’16
- Internship, National Institute of Informatics in Tokyo, Inoue lab, Feb‐Jun’16
Research Visits, Incoming
- Dr Jeremias Berg visited me and Prof Stuckey at the University of Melbourne for two and a half months in Oct-Dec’18.
- Dr Nicolas Schwind visited me at the Vienna University of Technology for two weeks in Jun’17.
- International Competitive Programming Competition (ICPC) 2018.
- I was the coach for teams that placed fourth and fifth at the South Pacific regional finals in competition among the best teams in the area (Australia, New Zealand, Fiji).
- MaxSAT Evaluation 2018: First place in the incomplete weighted 300 seconds track.
- This is a yearly state-of-the-art competition for MaxSAT, an optimisation problem. I designed and implemented novel algorithmic techniques in an open-source solver.
- Roadef/EURO Challenge 2012: Machine Reassignment: First place in the open source and senior categories.
- I worked as a member of a research group as part of my master thesis, together with Prof. Gavranović and Mirsad Buljubašić. The competition was organised by the French Society of Operation Research and Decision Analysis (ROADEF) and EURO with sponsorship from Google. It was open for one year and more than 80 teams participated worldwide. The task was to develop optimization algorithms for the newly posed Machine Reassignment problem.
- Elektrijada: international competition for electrical engineering students of southeastern Europe.
- 2010 – third place for object oriented programming (competition of 12+ universities and 60+ selected students).
- 2009 – seventh place for object oriented programming (competition of 15+ universities and 70+ selected students).
- “SAT/SMT Summer School”, 2014. Been awarded for outstanding performance in the practical sessions.