My work can be partitioned into several research directions, all revolving around a central theme of combinatorial optimisation and artificial intelligence. The goals of my research can be summarised as follows.
- Advance general-purpose problem-solving techniques based on constraint programming and propositional logic (MaxSAT).
- Develop specialised combinatorial optimisation algorithms for trustworthy machine learning.
- Enable machine learning algorithms to directly reason over combinatorial optimisation problems.
- Develop the theory and algorithms for resilient and multi-objective optimisation.
- Apply advanced algorithms to real-world problems.